The role holder is responsible for formulating and implementing financial, investment and commercial strategies to support the strategic goals of JL Group's diverse businesses.
The role holder oversees finance, fund operation, investment, planning, taxation, and company secretarial functions. He/she plays a pivotal role in setting the corporate governance and internal controls framework in adherence to both regulatory and JL group requirements.
The role holder also acts as a primary interface with key stakeholders including the Board, the Audit Committee, the regulator, business partners, banks, etc. to communicate the business performance and strategic direction.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTPUTS:
• Setting and providing effective financial management and strategic inputs to ensure sustainable and profitable growth of the businesses and delivery of the superior return to shareholders.
• Partnering with the Vice Chairman as a financial business advisor in setting the strategic direction for the business
• Support the business development activities in pursuing new drivers of growth and to ensure effective structuring and financial feasibility of the transactions
• Managing the quarterly projections and the 3-year strategic planning process to ensure attainment of the business goals.
• Providing monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual Myanmar, statutory, regulatory, and management reporting on finance and investment areas
• Establishing a robust management information system to monitor the financial soundness of the new and in force business in support of timely and effective decision-making and management action.
• Setting authority levels and managing expenses.
• Provision of an effective internal control process on all financial and statutory areas including accounting, reporting, expense management, credit control, treasury, investment, management information system and planning
• Chairing the Investment Committee to provide management oversight to the setting of investment strategies and monitoring of the investment performance to support the liability profile and to generate return to shareholders
• Management of all aspects of the tax affairs of a diverse portfolio of businesses
• Monitoring and effectively implementing changes to accounting standards, regulatory and statutory reporting, tax legislation, etc. across the multiple jurisdictions that the businesses operate
• Serving as financial advisor to the diverse lines of business to ensure key corporate and financial objectives are attained.
• Keeping abreast of developments in Companies Act and legislations in the discharge of company secretarial functions.
• Building the performance measurement system and setting KPIs for the lines of business and distribution channels to ensure alignment of business success and individual rewards.
• Ensure that the risks associated with all business decisions in own area of the business are understood and managed so that they are within the agreed risk appetite.
• Provide risk reports on quarterly basis to the Risk mgmt function for consolidation of key business unit risks
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
• Ultimate responsibility and authority for all functional areas under control, including finance, expense and capital budget, investment, tax, major corporate outsourcing, etc.
• Ultimate approval authority for all cash and financial transactions carried out in the normal course of business
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Effective financial, investment and capital management
• Provision of timely and accurate financial reports and management information
• Robust financial controls and risk management process to mitigate the inherent risks in the critical financial areas
• Maintaining an efficient department
• People management & development
• Degree in Accountancy/Finance/Business/Economics
• Qualified Accountant
• MBA preferred
• Strong financial leadership and people management skills
• Technically and commercially astute to provide both financial and strategic perspectives to support business goals
• In-depth working knowledge of the financial management in the financial services and life insurance industry
• Good command of market knowledge and strategic planning techniques
• Good knowledge of the accounting, reporting, tax and regulatory regimes
• Ability to lead the team to adapt to a fast-paced business environment that is a subject of constant statutory and regulatory developments and continuous searching and expanding of own business horizons
• A proven financial leader with a demonstrable track record of achievements
• Relevant working experience gained at senior management roles
• Strong business acumen with the ability to lead financial and commercial strategy